We are a tight-knit community of 265 residents located on the Isthmus of the Avalon Peninsula on the east coast of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
Community spirit runs high in our little town and we all take pride in the wealth of programs, amenities and natural assets that make Come By Chance an attractive place to live and visit.
We are fortunate to have major industry, including the North Atlantic oil refinery, on our door steps, providing substantial employment and business opportunities, along with a strong tax base that allows us to implement and sustain town infrastructure and unique community-focused programs.
Please take a few minutes to browse through this website. See what makes the Town of Come By Chance such a great place to visit and a better place to live.
The Town of Come By Chance…a community that is truly a community.
Here are just a few highlights of some of the Town’s recent development and achievements:
• Tidy Town 2007 provincial winner
• Installation of high speed & a new computerized accounting system for the office
• Construction of a new municipal garage
• Installation of new equipment and upgrading of the Town’s playground
• Improvements to the Town’s ball field
• Purchased two new municipal trucks
• Purchased a wood chipper for community beautification and recycling
• Hired a recreation director/maintenance assistant to enhance community programs
• Opening of “Neighborhood of Friends” satellite centre to serve the Come By Chance and surrounding communities
• Launched “50 plus” program through a New Horizons grant.
posted: Nov 19/14 Welcome to our new Council The Town of Come By Chance is very sorry to have our long time Mayor Joan Cleary leave our town. She was a great asset to our town and she w... click to read more
posted: Apr 16/12 New Council Members As many of you may be aware, we had to say good bye to two of our long standing members of Council. Reginald Bungay and Mike Mulrooney has ... click to read more
posted: Mar 13/12 Water Treatment Plant Update The Town of Come By Chance is pleased to announce that the contract has been awarded for the installation of our new water treatment plant. ... click to read more